2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 medium brown onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups of roughly chopped kale
3 cups of organic chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup of water
1 1/2 tsp of sea salt
2 tbs of chopped coriander (cilantro)
5 cm piece of ginger, grated
1 1/2 tbs of olive oil
1 cup of rice
Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over a medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until translucent for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrot and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and ginger and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the salt and stir.
- Add the stock and water to the pot and stir well. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the rice to the pot and stir. Cover again and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and stir well. Add the kale, stir and then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls with lemon wedges for squeezing.