1 C. (237 ml) millet grains
1 t. salt
3 1/2 to 4 C. (835 to 960 ml) water
- Combine millet, salt, and water in a 2-quart (2 liter) saucepan.
- Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low and steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and set aside for 15 minutes without lifting lid.
2 lbs. (1 kg) Roma tomatoes, chopped (Italian plum tomatoes)
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 to 3 dashes ground cinnamon
1 or 2 dashes ground cloves
1 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 to 1 t. salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 T. chopped fresh chives, basil, or thyme
2 T. toasted pumpkin seeds
- Combine tomato sauce ingredients in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until soft and broken down, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- To Serve: Spoon millet into a large bowl or casserole. Ladle some of the tomato sauce over the top.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds, and serve remainder of the sauce at the table. Serves 4 to 6.
- : Time for some #Pandora 02/15/11 07:58pm
- : Lil Kim Station On #Pandora. #Yesssss I Love Her. 02/15/11 07:57pm
- : @TriangleUK Do you want to buy more #Pandora beads?please visit charms jewelry wholesale shop online at http://www.cccbeads.com 02/15/11 07:54pm
- : #NowPlaying #Pandora Ginuwine - None of Your Friends Business ...wish you knew that!!! 02/15/11 07:54pm
- : #Pandora Be On Point! 02/15/11 07:52pm
- : #pandora Beenie Man ...bop bop bop 02/15/11 07:50pm
- : #pandora is getting me right this morning:) 02/15/11 07:46pm
- : #pandora while I gett dressed! 02/15/11 07:45pm
- : #Pandora 02/15/11 07:44pm